Monday, October 17, 2011

Take it all away

you have hollow bones dear one
Who am I to cage you?
you were there before me and would flourish after my death
swimmer you are in beggars tears
Oh the lucky beggar,
for he has his ocean of tears

I don't have that
Dried eyeballs scrape against my eye lids
your ashes never let me close them
devastated eyes
these are red eyes with brutally sheared nerve ends

Every word I wrote had you you knew well,
how to cage those words in your blossom
Now that you are free,
so are my caged words
 I toss my metaphors up and they bid me good bye
they were yours from their birth

Why did you never took me with you?
why did you feed me my meals?
when all you had was the last crystal of sugar?

4 comments:

  1. Wow. This poem blew me away. It's so deeep and the brutality of the raw emotion..WOW!!
    My favourite lines are:
    you have hollow bones dear one
    Who am I to cage you?

    and
    how to cage those words in your blossom
    Now that you are free,
    so are my caged words

    Beautifully put down!! You are writing soo well!! Wooow!! Keep up the amazing effort and continue writing and surprising us with your amazing poems! ^____^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Namrata San. I must confess, that I have learned a lot from u n ur work. This poem is composed of two layers. One layer deals with my friend who is no more and the other deals with the aura she left behind. There have been times when I was irritated to my core by insane outrages against humanity. I found my heart heavy and sinking, this poem of mine does act as a lever and balances everything. U have often said about your work to be a balancing act. This is what I have learned from you. I assure you that I would continue to grow and search for newer layers of emotions hidden in this vast universe. Thank you so much. U rule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree again that poetry is infact, a balancing of words and meaning; thought and premise and then a conclusion-that has truth and maybe a lot of hesitation. Writing balances out our feelings that are rather turbulent.
    Hahah I'm glad I could add something new!! Yes, there are various layers that reveal themselves with time. Keep it up!! ^____^

    ReplyDelete