Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bonsai

Straight lines form circles
Merged circles form spirals
Trapped and handcuffed, coiled
Twisted cocaine stained distress
Honeycomb rooms confuse him
Frustrations are grenades
They burst captive veins
Ache, fury, rant and rave
Capture a puzzled 6 year old adult

Last autumns dead leafs,
Piled up on a newborn sapling
And swallowed his share of light, air and water
Trampled under elephant’s feet’s, the sapling lost its first leaf
Smothered sapling longs light
And tries hard to peep

Timeless Illusions
“I cant allow dragons to swallow my sun”
“Nor shall I stay here and witness my nights getting darker”
The not-so-sane-kid becomes a ninja
An insane ninja,
Forecloses his existence

Doesn’t all this look serene,
From his proud mothers eyes?
Dark circled eyes shed tears of hope
A widow finds her new shore
For her son can walk now
For he is free
Uncoiled, untangled

Limping towards his share of light
He looks at his mother

A feminine heart knows his pains
It signals her eyes to shed few last drops
And drench this sapling
Soak him with her affection
“My son can walk now”
“he is not crazed!”

4 comments:

  1. Very touching! I love the 2nd verse... abt da sapling n autumn leaves... amazing metaphor... n da last verse abt the feeling of the mother is awesome again! Keep writing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for going through my work Appa! your comments mean a lot! as for the poem, I wanted people to understand the pains of such challenged kids, I also wanted to highlight the sadness faced by thr parents. when I wrote this poem,at first I was so angry that I had included few brutal scenes. but after giving another thought on other aspects of this subject, I managed to write it the way it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a touching poem... I... can't think! The metaphors were amazing!!! Each one of them giving meaning to your central idea...but the last one blew me away!! The poem started out so negative... I NEVER EXPECTED A HAPPY ENDING!! It has beautiful depth..quite the contrast, but the Bonsai and the drugs and the binds of society have a good mix to push out a new suffocation that's expressed. "Limping towards his share of light...." BEAUTIFUL LINES!! Just beautiful. "Drenching this sappling..."Touching.
    This poem has really brought out your poetry skills and I can see great talent! Keep it up! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! finally finally finally u have read this! I am so overjoyed! I wanted to show u this from a million years! the day when i wrote this, I was extremely angry with many facets of society, I felt that this materialistic world is slaughtering human emotions. I am really happy that you liked this. After listening to songs of "slayer" and "Megadeth" I decided to write this. u rule!

    ReplyDelete