Thursday, March 31, 2011

Grow my children, grow!

My saffron My greens
My dreams, my passions
My greens my saffrons
I took them for a royal ride
To show them a world unseen
I had the rudder
Saffron’s did the sails
And greens mended my deck
Innocent were the saffron
Cute were my greens

Laughing at every jibe
Hands Patting backs
Hands holding backs
air filled with milkyness
Sweeter, tendered saffron mystifying atmosphere
And my greens, flourished with my saffron
Played a symphony of cuteness,

My little greeny leaf once woke me up
Took me on the deck
And we screamed along
Spring it is! It is spring!
And together we saw,
His majesty rising
Party it is!
And treat it was!

In the middle of the ocean
We were together

Before I could say another word
My greens turned grey
My saffarons spit fires
and winds did betray us
Crack! Shattering my deck, My mast came down,
Where do kids learn to fight?

Ribs broken
Corpses everywhere
Brothers killed brothers
Loved ambushed loved

Sky is no more blue!
No! its not green!
No! its not red!
Its black, shaded and tattered
Breeze sang Satan’s hymns

I watched my saffarons die
I saw my greens dying
Enough! That’s enough!
Don’t you dare fight!

But who hears this monk?
Nobody!
My little green was weeping
My newborn saffaron needed me
I took my two babies
Green in one
saffaron in other
dived in the ocean

to hell with your ship! To hell with you all!
And I swam a hundred miles
Reached this island

kids are best left with outsiders
and we are outsiders
refugees, who run away from pain, from sufferings,
from tears and from blood.

So here I stand, right on this rock
With my scratched fingernails
And laughing face
All alone, watching them rise again.

Grow my children grow!

7 comments:

  1. WOW... I'm speechless after reading this one!! It was such and unexpected twist..and I felt like I re-lived a part of my childhood! When the truth about the world hits you, it is like a slap across your cheek. You can only get up as you harden you heart and cloud you vision with your own pain in sight. I liked the way this poem's violence is associated with a storm at sea- it can take any shape, just like human rage can. I am super stunned at the images that keep popping up from this poem! And the end is rather calamitously what we actually experience as children in our first brushes with teen hood.
    Indeed a grand poem! Keep up the good work!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good kunnu...
    a third person sees nothing wrong in grenns & saffarons.
    it is a selfish ego of one person on both the sides that decides the fate of everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Namrata San, Thanks a lot for ur reviews. you two are such a Gem! I wrote this poem in shortest possible time and fine-tuning it. I wanted a poem which proved how brutal human lunacies get when they reach thr limits. I am happy that u liked it! U r a really motivating friend! Arigatou Namrata San!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Black Zuzu, thanks dude! extremism in any school of thought leads to problems. It shatters creativity and kills the social growth by some non-required dogma. Spiritual understanding and growth are always required by the society, but that should not be mistaken with religious extremism. If we cant change the past of this world, then we should at the least endeavor to motivate the visions of our future children

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Kunnu.
    It's high time people grow up and just be a human being than being anything else. Respect individual as an individual. (Period)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice piece of work Kunnu.
    It's high time we all just be a human than being anything else.

    Respect individual as an individual. (Period)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sonu! I tried my best to be as realistic as I could. After watching the NEWS all I could ever deduce was this work of mine. I am really happy to know that you liked it! yay!

    ReplyDelete