Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Overtaken by her grace


“Male ego is bad”, this is what I often tell my friends. I never like to admit, but they do possess an unforgivable magnitude of this ego which has reached its paragon in these years. All they deserved was a tight slap over their cheek by the most ruthless hands of a giant gorilla. Here is one of my experience which turned out to be the tightest possible slap on their ego and humbled me. I often cried for not being able to enhance my creativity now I do have my answer, I was a complete jerk!
Few weeks ago, I was driving on the symbiosis college road. This road is one of my favorite turfs where I cut loose my instincts and drive as fast as I can. Habitually I shifted my gears to the finest rpm settings and started driving in the most crazy and reckless way I could. I was supremely confident about my driving skills and was the self proclaimed hero of motoring world. Out of nowhere came a frail looking lady, wearing a cheap orange shirt and a track trouser on her automatic bike. There was actually nothing attractive or appealing in her dressing sense, but I cant comprehend why I was enticed by her sheer innocence and casual expression. When I first noticed her in my rear view mirror I neglected her aura and continued cursing Indian traffic. Seconds later, she vanished from my rear view mirrors.
I was shocked deep in my subconscious. “Where did the lady go?” I asked myself. Before I could wink my eye, I saw her taking the inside line and overtaking me. The moment she passed me, I was horrified by her unbeatable talent and was bewildered by the sense of perfect path. Before I could recover from the shock, she overtook 2 big SUV’s. I decided to see her driving and learn something from her. In my quest of enhancing my driving speeds, I unknowingly started driving in the most dangerous possible way. But she seemed still out of my reach. The way she was driving reminded me of the dolphin which I saw over discovery channel few days ago. In-spite of her speed, she was not putting any stress on her engine, on the other hand, I was nearly slaughtering my machine.
If I ponder over this and think vigorously, what i deduce is, the lady was not only a great rider but was a responsible human too. She was not just fast, but was the epitome of simplicity too.
Finally she was out of sights and I stopped only to feel the deep rage and heat of my engine, perhaps it was cursing me for being so rude with the lady. My engine was breathing hot air like a rhino who was ready to charge me for my lunacy. “oh my my” said my spirit. I smiled and drove home smoothly and was happy for this new learning experience.

5 comments:

  1. HEHEHE This is cool!! humbling experience I believe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we all have these expriencesssssssss some of the time.
    u just have to let things blend with the surrounding

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simplicity with vigour is a rare combo. Strange as much as it can be. & hence maybe good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In simple words.. you dont know how to drive your bike and overtake a girl inspite you having a 150 cc 5 speed machine and she having a 100 cc automatic machine..

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Namrata- that really was a humbling experience. it did slaughter the last remaining trace of male ego from my heart.
    @Aditya- I still cant forget her
    @Animesh- thats true, flamboyance kills..
    @Amit- perfectly said, I need to evolve.

    ReplyDelete